Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Comic Con Rocks!

I'm back from Comic Con! It was fantastic! I think it was definitely the best Con out of the 3 years I've been. My super pal Deb Aoki and I were next to our amazing buddies Pascal Campion and Mike Daley. Our other buddies Vin Teng, Anthony Vu and Eric Dong were right across from us. We were also fortunate enough to be right next to the incredible Jose Lopez and John Nevarez who were incredibly nice. The awesome Whaleboys Taesoo Kim, Ed Acosta and Patrick Morgan were just a table down! I also got to meet other incredible artists like Bobby Chiu, Kei Acedera, Robin Mitchell, and the Mukpuddy gang who flew in from Australia! Comic Con brings all of us together!

I'm still trying to finish my painting for the Ninja show coming up on the 11th at Gallery Nucleus so haven't even had the time to look through the moutain of books that I got. I can't wait!!!!!! I'll post the link to all the pictures I took later, but for now, here's one of a bunch of art nerds! Yeah!

9 comments:

kyle said...

My rabbit-squid shirt makes me a happy man. thanx!

Kevin Barber said...

Hey Martin,

Pleasure meeting you at the con. Great time eh? I was at E-9 with Robin Mitchell and Deanna. Thanks for trading sketchbooks. I love your book. I'll be back often. Take care-Kevin

Kei Acedera said...

we miss you too!! cant wait till next time.come down to Toronto!

Erin Middendorf said...

hey, those are some familiar faces!

potato farm girl said...

Wha ha ha!!! What a bunch of awesome dorks! See ya at Elephant Bar.

Bobby Chiu said...

It was really great meeting you Martin. Give us a shout if you're ever in Toronto!

Chris Battle said...

Super-nerd powers..... ACTIVATE!!! Sorry I missed out on the fun, but not sorry I missed out on the smells.

sharon spotbottom said...

Hey great t-shirt hot shot! :)

Kristin said...

Hi! It was GREAT to see you at the con! I'm so proud of all of my Fullerton pals. You guys rock.