Monday, August 13, 2007

"Oni Love"

The opening of the Ninja show at Gallery Nucleus on Saturday was a blast! I saw so many incredible paintings by some serious ninjas!

Here's the painting I did for the show called "Oni Love". Just to clarify the meaning behind it- Oni means demon in Japanese and tigers in Chinese are guardians of the children. They also eat demons and hence the forbidden love. Poor guy.

Here are some pictures from the show for your viewing pleasures!
Ninja show at Gallery Nucleus

14 comments:

Todd Oman said...

Very Nice.

St John Street said...

Great flow and super design Martin also I like the post before as well hope all is good !!!

Linton

Dik Pose said...

Excellent Martin!!!

Bobby Chiu said...

Awesome Martin! I love the tiger design!

Serapio Calm said...

I wish I had a giant tiger friend too!

Alexei Martins said...

beautiful!!

Tevik Avakyan said...

Great work! I love the overall design and flow.

GreenStamp said...

i really like this, it has an epic look to it.Very cool indeed.

Mac McCool said...

Thanks for the explanation of the piece, Martin! Kinda fun and funny premise! And thanks for sharing the photos. I'm sorry I missed the opening, but I may just hop to Gallery Nucleus later these days to see the show (which looks great in those photos!).

Kristin said...

Love it! What fantastic composition. And, the clouds have such a great flow.

Nice to see you at lunch last week. :)

Cheers.

sharon spotbottom said...

Pretty, pretty tiger...grrrrr pfftt, reowww.

Jampix said...

Great tiger design!!

Wouldn't it be great to animate this tiger?

Cartoon Creators said...

Great work! I love the tiger

Felix Lim said...

top notch composition!