Monday, June 11, 2012

Disney WonderGround Gallery Grand Opening- Original paintings of Mickey Mouse and Finding Nemo by Martin Hsu

WonderGround Gallery Grand Opening! :D

I had the opportunity to create 2 original paintings inspired by Mickey Mouse and Pixar's Finding Nemo for the new WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney, Anaheim CA!  I also had the pleasure of attending the grand opening and artist signing on Sat. 6/9/12.  It was absolutely incredible meeting the Disney folks who have spent the past 3 years planning and making the gallery into a reality.  The hard work they endured also provided a stage for artists like myself to showcase our love for Disney and its characters.

The artist signing was absolutely overwhelming and lots of fun!  I not only got to sign and doodle on exclusive prints of my original pieces, but it was tremendously rewarding meeting and talking to fans who responded to the art on such personal levels.  I was once again reminded of just how blessed I am to do what I do.

Huge thanks to the Disney team, fans, friends, and family for all the love.  I hope you all enjoy my small contributions to the wonderful world of Mickey and friends :) - Martin

Mickey's Blossom of Dreams
36" X 24" / cel vinyl on wood

"Mickey's Blossom of Dreams is inspired by the traditional annual viewing of cherry blossom at the beginning of Spring.  The blooming of cherry blossom represents millions of dreams around the world coming true as Mickey and friends bring magic into the lives of those who believe."

A Sweet Home for Nemo
18" X 24" / cel vinyl on wood

"A Sweet Home for Nemo illustrates an underwater fantasy world of love and friendship; that even the darkest places underneath the surface would be illuminated by the warmth of family and friends.  After all, home is where the heart is."



 










1 comment: